Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Should John Edwards Stay in the race?

I have been struggling with this question since I heard he was holding a press conference with his wife. It is still a struggle for me personally even today. To have your soul mate face their own mortality has to be a sobering moment for anyone. My first thoughts were oh chuck it I am going to sit and watch you every moment I can until your gone. This was as I am sure you now think a morbid thought. Life is meant to Live and to create memories and have dreams of the future and to have goals and ideals. We are all facing a death from the day we are born. Some will come sooner then others but we all get there some day. So John Edwards and Elizabeth have been able to overcome the reminder of this fact and decided to Live and enjoy Life and all it offers. They are holding tight to there dreams and ideals and are moving forward. I now think this is the right course, to chose Life over death to continue to dream about the future and to stand up for your principles and ideals. I have a new respect for John Edwards and Elizabeth Edward and the commitment they have for the Ideals he is running for. True Democratic beliefs, I am going to take a hard look at his campaign again, I am hoping Al Gore considers getting into the race I still think it is his to win if he wants it but if he continues to refuse I now know there is a candidate with the same conviction and ideals as Al Gore and I will support John Edwards instead. I am tired of the two other adolescents running, don't get me wrong they are the front runners but they have failed to grasp that this race is not about there petty differences but of the cry from the middle class for a champion to reshape the course we are currently on, Hilary being stubborn about the war and Obama bomb tossing at here and his refusal to talk about issues off the cuff until he has a written policy (or is that a polished sound bit) shows his lack of maturity and understanding of the cry out there.

No John Edwards to a giant step up in my book and I think we have seen a candidate who is rising to the same level as I believe Vice President Gore was at as he to has matured since his Presidency was high jacked by the Supreme Court and a corrupt Florida Government ( led by another Bush).

Thank you John and Elizabeth Edwards


Just my opinion
Ed Quinn

No comments: